Ready to sign up?
This six-week session will start 1/8/19, with the last class on 2/12/19.
- This class is meant for kids to take with their parents or caregivers.
- Kids must be at least 7 years old.
- The class will be limited to 8 students (including both adults and kids).
- There will be 6 class sessions.
- All participants will have their own wheel.
- Wheel-throwing may be a difficult skill for very young children, as they might not have the arm strength necessary. Because of this, no children younger than 7 should enroll.
Hi young artists! Want to try throwing on a potter's wheel? Bring your adult with you and take a class together!
- This class will introduce the basics of wheel-throwing. It is for students with no to little ceramics experience. By the end of the session, everyone will have a few pieces to glaze and fire.Come learn at Make Waynesboro Clay Studio in Waynesboro, VA. No experience necessary!
What's it cost? What's the fee include?
A six-week class session costs $150.00 per student (each kid and adult must pay a separate fee). Members of the SVAC and SAAC receive a 10% discount.
The class fee includes 6 weeks of instruction, clay, use of studio tools, and firing credit. (Firing credit is limited. You'll be able to bisque some of your pieces, and glaze fire up to a half-shelf of work. Trust us-- that's enough. If you want to fire more, you'll be able to pay extra for it.)
Classes are held at Make Waynesboro Clay Studio, near downtown Waynesboro. The address is 200 W 12th St., Waynesboro VA 22980. The studio is part of a larger complex at The Mill at South River. Students will be provided with specific directions before the first class.
This session will be taught by Tori Jackson. Tori holds a BFA in Art Education from JMU. She has experience teaching K12 as well as at our studio.
About the studio: Make Waynesboro Clay Studio is operated by Jake Johnson Ceramics LLC.